Though Romeo and Juliet is a great love story, it is more tragic than romantic. Romeo and Juliet obviously believe in love at first sight, since they fall in love instantly at the Capulet’s. To me their love seems somewhat unrealistic. They are willing to risk their lives for each other, but I bet if they were asked they wouldn’t even know the favorite color of their spouse! I do not think that Romeo and Juliet is the best love story ever written. Though their love may have seemed real at the time it is very possible that in the future their deep feelings for each other would fade dramatically. Getting married at such a young age might have seemed like a good idea at the time, after aging many years they might have realized that they are not ideal for each other. To make this love story better I think Romeo and Juliet should stay alive. It was very sad ion the end that they both had to die, even though they died for each other. This aspect made the story more romantic, but didn’t in any way take away from the tragedy. In my opinion Romeo and Juliet is extremely romantic, but is not the greatest love story that was ever written.
Romeo and Juliet is undeniably one of the most well known love stories ever written, but I would not refer to it as the best love story ever written. I think many people are affected by this story because of the drastic ups and downs of the writing. It certainly is an impactful, unforgettable story, but in my opinion does not accurately display true love. In my opinion love develops over a span of time and is not accurately displayed in only a couple of days. The drastic acts of “love” that both of the teens committed at the closing of the play add to the tragic scenario, but in my opinion did not display anything but raging hormones and the inability to handle an overwhelming amount of emotion. To enhance the aspect of love in this story, I think Shakespeare could have perhaps expanded their relationship over a longer period of time. This would allot the audience time to get to better know the relationship between the two teens and give them the feeling of being a part of the developmental process of love. I think this would have made the story even more emotionally stimulating, and their deaths would almost be more believable.
Romeo and Juliet is said to be one of the greatest love stories of all time. I personally, would have to disagree with that statement.I believe differently due to the fact that the connection between Romeo and Juliet is not a true expression of love. The two didn't love each other, they were infatuated with each other. They're both young and nieve. They are so eager to fall in love that the first person they are attracted to, they believe is their soul mate. Thinking they're madly in love, sacrificing themselves for the thought that they couldn't go on living without the other. This is stupid and unrealistic. This is not love, they're to young to even know what true love is. If Shakespeare changed the story by having Romeo and Juliet get to know each other by spending time together,instead of claiming their in love and marry after one day of knowing one another, my opinion may be different. You can't be in love with someone you don't even know. Love just doesn't work like that.
The Tragedy Romeo and Juliet is one of the most famous love stories ever made. I would agree with this because I don’t know one person who doesn’t know the story. The only thing is that I don’t think that it’s the greatest love story ever made because the love between Romeo and Juliet just happens so fast that it makes it hard to believe. Romeo and Juliet’s love might only be lust and they don’t know it, but if the story was longer and Romeo didn’t get married to Juliet so fast then it might be more believable. I think that the story line of how “a pair star crossed lovers take their life” is a great story line, but the way that Romeo and Juliet fall in love is hard to believe. Before I read the play I thought that the story was this legendary love story, but then when we read it I was kind of let down. I was let down because I didn’t know that after only one day they were getting married. If I could make the story better I would make Romeo and Juliet fall at first sight, but I would have get married in a week at the least. I would not change the ending because that is what makes the whole story a tragedy and a really great story. Even though it’s sad I would not change the ending. I would add one thing to it though, I might have them be in haven together so everyone knows that they still end up with each other.
In my personal opinion I do not believe that Romeo and Juliet is the best love story ever written. There are a number of reasons as to why I think this, the first reason being the personality of the characters. Romeo, to me, seems like a classic hormone driven, indecisive boy and Juliet appears to be a young naïve girl. When one puts these two personalities together it forms what seems like a love sick, immature “crush” rather than “love” of one another. Another factor as to why I do not concur with Romeo and Juliet being the best love story ever written is because of the mere fact that they fall in “love” so quickly. That further supports my belief that they do not seem to truly love one another. I believe that to really love someone you must know that person entirely, which cannot be done within a couple days of knowing one another. To have made this love story even better, I feel that Romeo and Juliet should have spent more together before they went as far as getting married. Had they known each other longer and had acted of a more mature age, I believe that the story could have been a better “love” story. Overall though I find that Romeo and Juliet was a rather enjoyable story to read but I do not concur with the thought that it’s the best love story ever written.
After reading the story Romeo and Juliet, I do not believe that it is the greatest love story ever written. First of all, it didn’t even seem that they got to know each other. I think that in order to truly fall in love you have got to spend time with the other person, or at least more than a day or two. By both killing themselves obviously shows the love they had at the time for one another but it also ended tragically by having them both die. I think that one way the story could have been better would be to show a developing relationship and how strong the love really is before they die. Also, Shakespeare did not go into any detail about the wedding which could have added to the love story. While reading my attention was attracted to the fighting scenes and not just what was going on between Romeo and Juliet. The story also seemed too short for me to get a good perspective of what all was going on. It was a little too fast paced. It being a play can’t be too long though. Overall we can see how Romeo and Juliet professed their love and I do believe it is a good love story, even though I do not believe it’s the best ever written. I would like to read other love stories and see how they compare.
The question if Shakespeare’s The Tragedy of Romeo and Juliet is one the greatest love stories of all time says it in the title. The story of Romeo and Juliet is without a doubt romantic, but its intent was to be a tragedy. Shakespeare wrote this play with lines of romance, but I’m sure he didn’t mean for it to be made out as a love story. The idea of the two lovers being from enemy families yet still falling in love is an awesome storyline. The way Romeo and Juliet confess their love to each other is like no other romance. All of those motives could make you believe that it is one of the greatest love stories of all time. But, in my opinion, if this play was going to be considered a romance play, then several things about it would have to change. Instead of both Romeo and Juliet dying, they’d probably have to end up getting married or at least stay alive. The forced marriage with Paris scenario could’ve still been in the play but Juliet would have to escape it somehow. Maybe if the friar who was supposed to deliver the letter to Romeo would’ve done his job, the play could end up a romance. In the end the two lovers could run away together and live the rest of their lives with their families believing they’re dead. In conclusion, Romeo and Juliet is romantic, but improvements could be made to make it the greatest love story of all time.
Shakespeare did not intend for Romeo and Juliet to be a love story, a comedy, or anything but a tragedy. Though many critics of the play see Romeo and Juliet as one of Shakespeare’s weakest tragedies, it is still one nonetheless. The full title of the play, The Most Excellent and Lamentable Tragedy of Romeo and Juliet, show the intended genre of the play and in my opinion, though the characters believed that they were in love, the play was not a very great love story. Romeo fell into lust upon first seeing Juliet and she followed suit. The couple rushed their relationship and feelings for each other and it ended in their swift demise. Romeo and Juliet can be considered a great story of infatuation. The two simply rush into their feelings and emotions too quickly for their story to be considered love. If the play had gone on longer and the plot, characters, and their relationships had been developed more, then the play could have been considered a love story even if the play had still ended in Romeo and Juliet’s deaths. Love at first sight is an unrealistic idea and the thought of the two falling in love upon laying eyes on each other and getting married within only a few days of knowing each other is also a ridiculous notion. The play could have been made better by adding more details and features to the plot that greater exemplified Romeo and Juliet’s love. Also, by adding more time into the play so that the couple would have a realistic amount of time to get to know each other, fall in love, and get married.
Is Romeo and Juliet the greatest love story ever written? The book in my mind doesn’t even come close. This “love story” contains such tragic events of death, agonizing separation, and forbidden love that it really doesn’t “suit my fancy” so to speak for a love story. The book, Romeo and Juliet, as most of the previous posters know, was meant to be a tragedy. Just about everyone will hear the names Romeo and Juliet and will hear the story sometime in their lives. William Shakespeare wrote the book in such a different language of literature that has set it so apart, but what makes any story capable of achieving the role of “the greatest love story ever written” is the plot. This story is so dramatically sad that it hurts the story’s ability of achieving the status of being romantic. A love story ending with the two lovers dying together in a tomb after a complete misunderstanding isn’t exactly what I think of when I hear romantic. The story of Romeo and Juliet’s love is so farfetched in my mind. The story is about a boy’s infatuation for a girl at a party getting a hold of him so he decides to try to be as romantic as he can to woo her and marry her in less than 24 hours. Romeo and Juliet is truly depressing to those in hopes of reading of book of romance that it should not even be considered as the greatest love story ever written. “Romance is to love and infatuation is neither.” ~Jeremy Brinling
I personally do think that Romeo and Juliet is the greatest love story ever written. There are several reasons why think this is so, one being that they both killed themselves over the death of the other. If it weren’t true love any other couple would have mourned the death of his/her partner’s death, but not to the extent where they would kill themselves. It really shows the physical and emotional attraction each one has to the other.
One other reason why Romeo and Juliet is the greatest love story is their forbidden love. If you know that your parents would not agree with the person you love, any other person would just accept it and move on, but not Romeo and Juliet. They go to extreme measures to be with each other. They both know that just by being with each other they could be disowned by their parents. I would not change anything about the story I think it’s great the way it is.
The love between Romeo and Juliet is seldom seen in people, books, and movies. The physical and emotional attraction between the two of them is seldom seen between two people let alone two kids who are still teenagers. The love story between Romeo and Juliet has stood the test of time and I personally don’t think anything will ever be better.
10 comments:
Though Romeo and Juliet is a great love story, it is more tragic than romantic. Romeo and Juliet obviously believe in love at first sight, since they fall in love instantly at the Capulet’s. To me their love seems somewhat unrealistic. They are willing to risk their lives for each other, but I bet if they were asked they wouldn’t even know the favorite color of their spouse! I do not think that Romeo and Juliet is the best love story ever written. Though their love may have seemed real at the time it is very possible that in the future their deep feelings for each other would fade dramatically. Getting married at such a young age might have seemed like a good idea at the time, after aging many years they might have realized that they are not ideal for each other. To make this love story better I think Romeo and Juliet should stay alive. It was very sad ion the end that they both had to die, even though they died for each other. This aspect made the story more romantic, but didn’t in any way take away from the tragedy. In my opinion Romeo and Juliet is extremely romantic, but is not the greatest love story that was ever written.
Romeo and Juliet is undeniably one of the most well known love stories ever written, but I would not refer to it as the best love story ever written. I think many people are affected by this story because of the drastic ups and downs of the writing. It certainly is an impactful, unforgettable story, but in my opinion does not accurately display true love. In my opinion love develops over a span of time and is not accurately displayed in only a couple of days. The drastic acts of “love” that both of the teens committed at the closing of the play add to the tragic scenario, but in my opinion did not display anything but raging hormones and the inability to handle an overwhelming amount of emotion. To enhance the aspect of love in this story, I think Shakespeare could have perhaps expanded their relationship over a longer period of time. This would allot the audience time to get to better know the relationship between the two teens and give them the feeling of being a part of the developmental process of love. I think this would have made the story even more emotionally stimulating, and their deaths would almost be more believable.
Romeo and Juliet is said to be one of the greatest love stories of all time. I personally, would have to disagree with that statement.I believe differently due to the fact that the connection between Romeo and Juliet is not a true expression of love. The two didn't love each other, they were infatuated with each other. They're both young and nieve. They are so eager to fall in love that the first person they are attracted to, they believe is their soul mate. Thinking they're madly in love, sacrificing themselves for the thought that they couldn't go on living without the other. This is stupid and unrealistic. This is not love, they're to young to even know what true love is. If Shakespeare changed the story by having Romeo and Juliet get to know each other by spending time together,instead of claiming their in love and marry after one day of knowing one another, my opinion may be different. You can't be in love with someone you don't even know. Love just doesn't work like that.
The Tragedy Romeo and Juliet is one of the most famous love stories ever made. I would agree with this because I don’t know one person who doesn’t know the story. The only thing is that I don’t think that it’s the greatest love story ever made because the love between Romeo and Juliet just happens so fast that it makes it hard to believe. Romeo and Juliet’s love might only be lust and they don’t know it, but if the story was longer and Romeo didn’t get married to Juliet so fast then it might be more believable. I think that the story line of how “a pair star crossed lovers take their life” is a great story line, but the way that Romeo and Juliet fall in love is hard to believe. Before I read the play I thought that the story was this legendary love story, but then when we read it I was kind of let down. I was let down because I didn’t know that after only one day they were getting married. If I could make the story better I would make Romeo and Juliet fall at first sight, but I would have get married in a week at the least. I would not change the ending because that is what makes the whole story a tragedy and a really great story. Even though it’s sad I would not change the ending. I would add one thing to it though, I might have them be in haven together so everyone knows that they still end up with each other.
In my personal opinion I do not believe that Romeo and Juliet is the best love story ever written. There are a number of reasons as to why I think this, the first reason being the personality of the characters. Romeo, to me, seems like a classic hormone driven, indecisive boy and Juliet appears to be a young naïve girl. When one puts these two personalities together it forms what seems like a love sick, immature “crush” rather than “love” of one another. Another factor as to why I do not concur with Romeo and Juliet being the best love story ever written is because of the mere fact that they fall in “love” so quickly. That further supports my belief that they do not seem to truly love one another. I believe that to really love someone you must know that person entirely, which cannot be done within a couple days of knowing one another. To have made this love story even better, I feel that Romeo and Juliet should have spent more together before they went as far as getting married. Had they known each other longer and had acted of a more mature age, I believe that the story could have been a better “love” story. Overall though I find that Romeo and Juliet was a rather enjoyable story to read but I do not concur with the thought that it’s the best love story ever written.
After reading the story Romeo and Juliet, I do not believe that it is the greatest love story ever written. First of all, it didn’t even seem that they got to know each other. I think that in order to truly fall in love you have got to spend time with the other person, or at least more than a day or two. By both killing themselves obviously shows the love they had at the time for one another but it also ended tragically by having them both die. I think that one way the story could have been better would be to show a developing relationship and how strong the love really is before they die. Also, Shakespeare did not go into any detail about the wedding which could have added to the love story. While reading my attention was attracted to the fighting scenes and not just what was going on between Romeo and Juliet. The story also seemed too short for me to get a good perspective of what all was going on. It was a little too fast paced. It being a play can’t be too long though. Overall we can see how Romeo and Juliet professed their love and I do believe it is a good love story, even though I do not believe it’s the best ever written. I would like to read other love stories and see how they compare.
The question if Shakespeare’s The Tragedy of Romeo and Juliet is one the greatest love stories of all time says it in the title. The story of Romeo and Juliet is without a doubt romantic, but its intent was to be a tragedy. Shakespeare wrote this play with lines of romance, but I’m sure he didn’t mean for it to be made out as a love story. The idea of the two lovers being from enemy families yet still falling in love is an awesome storyline. The way Romeo and Juliet confess their love to each other is like no other romance. All of those motives could make you believe that it is one of the greatest love stories of all time. But, in my opinion, if this play was going to be considered a romance play, then several things about it would have to change. Instead of both Romeo and Juliet dying, they’d probably have to end up getting married or at least stay alive. The forced marriage with Paris scenario could’ve still been in the play but Juliet would have to escape it somehow. Maybe if the friar who was supposed to deliver the letter to Romeo would’ve done his job, the play could end up a romance. In the end the two lovers could run away together and live the rest of their lives with their families believing they’re dead. In conclusion, Romeo and Juliet is romantic, but improvements could be made to make it the greatest love story of all time.
Shakespeare did not intend for Romeo and Juliet to be a love story, a comedy, or anything but a tragedy. Though many critics of the play see Romeo and Juliet as one of Shakespeare’s weakest tragedies, it is still one nonetheless. The full title of the play, The Most Excellent and Lamentable Tragedy of Romeo and Juliet, show the intended genre of the play and in my opinion, though the characters believed that they were in love, the play was not a very great love story. Romeo fell into lust upon first seeing Juliet and she followed suit. The couple rushed their relationship and feelings for each other and it ended in their swift demise. Romeo and Juliet can be considered a great story of infatuation. The two simply rush into their feelings and emotions too quickly for their story to be considered love. If the play had gone on longer and the plot, characters, and their relationships had been developed more, then the play could have been considered a love story even if the play had still ended in Romeo and Juliet’s deaths. Love at first sight is an unrealistic idea and the thought of the two falling in love upon laying eyes on each other and getting married within only a few days of knowing each other is also a ridiculous notion. The play could have been made better by adding more details and features to the plot that greater exemplified Romeo and Juliet’s love. Also, by adding more time into the play so that the couple would have a realistic amount of time to get to know each other, fall in love, and get married.
Is Romeo and Juliet the greatest love story ever written? The book in my mind doesn’t even come close. This “love story” contains such tragic events of death, agonizing separation, and forbidden love that it really doesn’t “suit my fancy” so to speak for a love story. The book, Romeo and Juliet, as most of the previous posters know, was meant to be a tragedy. Just about everyone will hear the names Romeo and Juliet and will hear the story sometime in their lives. William Shakespeare wrote the book in such a different language of literature that has set it so apart, but what makes any story capable of achieving the role of “the greatest love story ever written” is the plot.
This story is so dramatically sad that it hurts the story’s ability of achieving the status of being romantic. A love story ending with the two lovers dying together in a tomb after a complete misunderstanding isn’t exactly what I think of when I hear romantic. The story of Romeo and Juliet’s love is so farfetched in my mind. The story is about a boy’s infatuation for a girl at a party getting a hold of him so he decides to try to be as romantic as he can to woo her and marry her in less than 24 hours. Romeo and Juliet is truly depressing to those in hopes of reading of book of romance that it should not even be considered as the greatest love story ever written.
“Romance is to love and infatuation is neither.”
~Jeremy Brinling
I personally do think that Romeo and Juliet is the greatest love story ever written. There are several reasons why think this is so, one being that they both killed themselves over the death of the other. If it weren’t true love any other couple would have mourned the death of his/her partner’s death, but not to the extent where they would kill themselves. It really shows the physical and emotional attraction each one has to the other.
One other reason why Romeo and Juliet is the greatest love story is their forbidden love. If you know that your parents would not agree with the person you love, any other person would just accept it and move on, but not Romeo and Juliet. They go to extreme measures to be with each other. They both know that just by being with each other they could be disowned by their parents. I would not change anything about the story I think it’s great the way it is.
The love between Romeo and Juliet is seldom seen in people, books, and movies. The physical and emotional attraction between the two of them is seldom seen between two people let alone two kids who are still teenagers. The love story between Romeo and Juliet has stood the test of time and I personally don’t think anything will ever be better.
Post a Comment